Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Too Much To Do

The hubster is taking his truck in to the dealership this morning and I am following him in my car. From there I am taking him to get a haircut and then have plans to get the shopping done. We haven't done any real shopping since we returned from our vacation. I am going to try to cut my grocery spending and to that end I am planning to stop at the Dollar Store, Big Lots, Aldi's, Sam's and Meijer's. It makes me tired just to think about it.


Meanwhile, I am working on the next blank journal that will be a giveaway that I've been talking about. I have found a way to cut the covers and went to Hollander's with my friend Nancy yesterday to purchase some punches to facilitate making the holes in them.


Here is what the covers look like:


I cut these from an old 9 x 10.5 book that was part of a set called "The Family Creative Workshop.


I didn't have a good tool for making the holes in the covers without making a mess, so this is what I purchased yesterday for that job.


I am expecting these to do the job neatly.

I expect to work on this journal after I get the groceries put away this afternoon and hope to have a completed book to show you tomorrow.


The hubster has thawed my blueberries for my morning cereal and is impatient to hit the road, so I will end here. I hope to see you tomorrow.


xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Those are most interesting Hollow punch sets. I had to huge ones when I worked for another company. Doing all kinds of Research.

    Cannot wait to see the book.

    Sherrie Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you'll see me tomorrow! The book covers look good here, but much better in the flesh! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really neat project, and it will be fun to see what the end result will be. Looks like you got the right tools for the work (I use those once too, however, do try first on something else before you hit the book... just something I learned the hard way : )

    Cant wait to see it when its done.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper for the colors is so bold and joyous! Super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, that looks like a fun sketchbook cover! I'll be pushing others out of my way to get my comments in first! (just kidding, I won't actually push!)

    ReplyDelete