Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

And The Winners Are

Drum roll please.......




Let's see who these comments belong to:




Dotti - since you were the first number chosen you have your choice of journals. You can choose either the new colorful one with the thick covers and the coptic stitch or the soft vinyl one with the slotted cover. Please let me know your choice.




Jeanne (A.R.T.) - you will get the other of the two journals after Dotti has selected which one she wants. 


By the way, you know that today is the Ides of March, 


The Ides of March was a festive day dedicated to the god Mars and a military parade was usually held. In modern times, the term Ides of March is best known as the date that Julius Caesar was killed in 44 B.C. Julius Caesar was stabbed (23 times) to death in the Roman Senate led by Marcus Junius Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus and 60 other conspirators.

On his way to the Theatre of Pompey (where he would be assassinated), Caesar saw a seer who had foretold that harm would come to him not later than the Ides of March. Caesar joked, "Well, the Ides of March have come", to which the seer replied "Ay, they have come, but they are not gone." This meeting is famously dramatized in William Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar, when Caesar is warned to "beware the Ides of March".


There you have it - the winners and a history lesson!

Dotti and Jeanne - I need you to email me [vholdwic(at)hughes.net] with your snail mail addy so I can get these journals in the mail.

To the others who entered but didn't win - stay tuned. I am planning to have more giveaways in the near future. I appreciate all my readers, but especially those who take the time to leave a comment.

I am in my shorts and t-shirt and have to go get on the treadmill before I talk myself out of it. I'll be looking for emails from the winners. If for some reason I don't hear from them, I will use the RNG to draw another winner.


TTFN,

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Indeed - congratulations! And, Vicki, thanks for your generosity in giving away your lovely journals! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners!!! This was a great giveaway! Thanks, Vicki for the chance !

    ReplyDelete
  3. >< bleehhhh... I am a sore loser... so I am not happy with this :p

    Teehee.. just kidding. Congratulations guys. So when is the next giveaway again? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to both winners, hope they have many happy hours filling their new journals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the very lucky winners!

    ReplyDelete