Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm In A Rut

Between babysitting and tutoring, I didn't get much of a chance to do art yesterday and today is going to be a repeat except that the 1st grader will be in school until I meet her bus at 4:00. I am going to try to get something "arty" done today; not that Photoshop is not arty.

So for now, I just have more Photoshop play to show you. I hope you don't mind:











I also wanted to show you the lovely prints I bought. They are 5" x 7" Giclee prints of mosaics that my brother in law, Herb, makes. I have always wanted one of these and now I have two of them. I really want an original and maybe someday I will get one. But for now I am quite happy with these. I just have to get them framed and decide where they will hang.








Aren't these lovely? The hubster has about a dozen prints (these and others) for sale at The Maple Street Mall in Mason, Michigan.  Herb also has larger prints, but we only brought this size to the mall to sell for now.

Gotta go! See you tomorrow....



6 comments:

  1. You're right, your BIL's mosaics are lovely! I like the first background with the circles the best of this batch. I like what you did with the background color - it looks great! hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prints look fantastic Vicki, and the photoshop designs are great ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your backgrounds. The prints are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I redid my computer yesterday, I realized that I have a copy of Photoshop Elements. Can I do backgrounds like this in the Elements version? You should have these made into material! Someone on edm once said where you can have that done...?

    And, truly, those are fabulous mosaics! What does he make them with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you for your lovely comments.

    Raena, I don't know enough about Elements to know if you can do this pattern making using an offset filter or not. If you have a filters tab in the menu bar, look there.

    My BIL makes those mosaics out of tiny little pieces of fine paper out of magazines with really good paper in them.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely prints and backgrounds. It is always interesting to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete